Monday 16 July 2007

Reader Ratings


So, I'm setting up a rating system, using hamsters, because I like them. This particular hamster was called Peanut. Here he is (this new mouse vs paintbrush isn't so great).

Here are the reader-ratings:
  • Five hamsters: Knocked my socks off. I wish I'd written this! I can't think of any way of improving plot, characterisation, conflict, world-building, voice, anything!
  • Four hamsters: My socks are still on, but only just. I will harrass people in the street and make them read this. I will probably read this again.
  • Three hamsters: Good story, I enjoyed reading it. Recommended for people who like this specific genre. This could be an excellent story that wasn't quite for me, but I think others would love, or a story I liked elements of, but thought could have been more original, etc.
  • Two hamsters: Good - or even great - concept, but something major got in the way for me as a reader.
  • One hamster: I found this attractive enough to start reading, but was unable to finish it due to some major issues.

No comments: